Song 1: 思慕的人

Love is probably the most frequently mentioned but also the most cliche theme in arts, and thus I usually am not interested in any romantic movie or love song. Maybe it's just because my romantic way is too different from other human beings.

But some love songs do attract me, and this song is one of them. The title is 思慕的人 Simude Ren "the person I miss." It's written by 洪一峰, Hong, Yifong, who was a very productive Southern Min song composer in Taiwan, and the lyrics is done by 葉俊麟, Ye, Junlin, who collaborated with Hong and created many beautiful Southern Min pop song together.

Heavily influenced by Japanese Enka, Southern Min pop songs in Taiwan are usually in minor keys with sad tunes. The common topics are the sorrow of lost love, going away from the love ones or hometown, nostalgia and loneliness, miserable and poor life experience...etc. Basically, sad. As for this song, it should be quite easy to go to the "sad" direction because the song is about missing the love one, but the melody turns out to be not very sad. I think it's quite sweet actually. It feels like a gentle way of missing, hoping the loved one coming back. Not some threatening people curse to their ex, "if you don't come back to me, I'll ......(<-I leave this part to your wild imagination!)"

Recently I feel breaking up might be a wonderful timing to see one's personality. Of course we might hate each other, feel regretful, or feel envy in some cases, but everything is gone, and life goes on. No matter how 看到鬼 (sorry, I intentionally don't want to translate this slang, haha)I felt before, I hope that I can keep the good memories with me.

Anyway, let's listen to the music. Here are two versions I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWEqEqoxh8&feature=related
This one is sung by a young and talented, and also funny, singer, 盧廣仲, Lu Guangzhong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdS9mp-iVlY&NR=1
This one is sung by a band, 五月天, May Day, supposed to be a young one, but they've been around for more than 10 years, so they're all in their 30s.


And here is the lyrics. I just translated it loosely. I'll be happy if anyone can give me some suggestions or advice about the translation because I'm not sure about the meaning of some phrases even though I think I'm (kind of) a native speaker in Southern Min.

思慕的人
作詞:葉俊麟 作曲:洪一峰

我心內思慕的人 你怎樣離開 阮的身邊
The person I miss How come you leave me away from my side
叫我為著你 暝日心稀微 深深思慕你
This makes me thinking about you deeply all day (I don't know how to translate "心稀微")
心愛的 緊返來 緊返來阮身邊
My loved one come back please come back to me

有看見思慕的人 惦在阮夢中 難分難離
I saw the one I've been missing staying in my dream difficult to depart
引我對著汝 更加心綿綿 茫茫過日子
This makes me more ???(I don't even know what 心綿綿 is...) living my life like a ghost
心愛的 緊返來 緊返來阮身邊
My loved one come back please please come back to me


好親像思慕的人 優美的歌聲 擾亂阮耳
It sounds like the one I've been missing the beautiful voice disturbing my ears
當我想著你 溫柔好情意 聲聲叫著你
When I think of you how tender and loving you were I call you again and again
心愛的 緊返來 緊返來阮身邊
My loved one come back please please come back to me

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

2011西班牙流浪記二十一: 為什麼烤全雞沒有雞翅膀??

冷靜