台北附近 Somewhere Nearby Taipei

My parents both speak Southern Min, so I hardly know any Hakka.
But I found there are many vowels and consonants in Hakka is quite interesting.
I always felt Hakka sound "sticky." When the voiced consonant, g, is followed by a nasalized high front vowel and a nasalized low vowel, ĩã for example, I feel the combination sounds very "sticky." 

This song is not too old. It's written by 黃連煜 Huang, Lian Yu. I heard this song from the album 新寶島康樂隊. It's one of my favorite Taiwanese pop song albums by the way.

Here is the lyrics and the translation (according to my poor knowledge of Hakka)
One of the stanzas is written in Southern Min.
Hakka
Southern Min

作詞:黃連煜
Lyrics by Huang, Lian Yu 
作曲:黃連煜 

Composer: Huang, Lian Yu
識住(歇)過一個地方 大家都知什麼名I've lived in a place.      Everyone know what it is called.
樓高人擠路又險 再沒別位可以拼
Buildings are tall, and streets are small and packed with people.    There's no other place better than there.
識聽過一個地方 不記得麼介名
I've once heard of a place.     I don't remember what it's called.
山高水淨路又平 再沒別位比得贏
Mountains are tall, rivers are clean, and the roads are flat (not bumpy?). There's no other place better than there.

Chorus:
帶我去帶我去看佢
Take me there. Take me to see the place.
SOMEWHERE NEARBY TAIPEI
(Apparently this is English)
帶我去帶我去看佢 麼人肯帶我共下去

Take me there. Take me to see there. Who can take me there and come with me? (I'm not quite sure about this sentence...)

捌聽過一個小姐 不記得什麼名
I've heard of a young girl.  I don't remember her name.
無抹粉無跟流行走 想欲甲伊結親晟
She doesn't put on any makeup, and she doesn't care about what is trendy now, either.  I'd like to marry her.

識看過一個細妹仔 不記得厥個名
I've seen a young girl.   I don't remember her name.
沒搽粉也無跟流行 佢比麼人都靚
 She doesn't put on any makeup, and she doesn't care about what is trendy now, either.  She's prettier than anyone else.


I recorded myself sing this song, but I couldn't upload it here. I don't know why...

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Song 1: 思慕的人

2011西班牙流浪記二十一: 為什麼烤全雞沒有雞翅膀??

冷靜